ABBYY Lingvo Dictionaries for iOS
ABBYY Lingvo Dictionaries is a dictionary application for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch that offers a fast and easy way to access dictionary content for a variety of languages. You can create your own custom dictionary sets selecting from a wide range of general translation dictionaries, explanatory, idiomatic, and also various subject dictionaries.
ABBYY Lingvo do not require Internet connection. The dictionary will be an indispensable tool when traveling, at work or school. It provides a reliable translation and exhaustive interpretation at any time, simply by using a mobile device.
What’s new in 3.7
• UI changes and improvements
• Push-notifications from ABBYY - receive news about handy features, special offers and discounts.
This app is ideal for
• Learning foreign languages
• Travelling abroad
• Reading books and newspapers
- More than 250 dictionaries for 30 languages
- Flash cards for effective learning new words with cloud sync between your iPhone, iPad and iPod
- Two ways for fast words learning: “Introduction” (turn over Lingvo cards one by one to memorize words, translations, usage examples etc.) and “Lesson” (recall translation and check your answer by turning a single card over)
- Photo translation function – translation of any word from the photo taken with the iPhone built-in camera (3GS or later)
- Quick translation directly from the clipboard
- Hypertext – an instant translation of any word found in dictionary entries with just a single tap
- Native audio pronunciations for most common words (in some dictionaries)
- All available dictionaries can be used as one. A merged list of headwords allows for consulting all the dictionaries simultaneously. If a word is found in many dictionaries, all relevant entries are displayed in a single window
- You can easily transfer previously purchased dictionaries to all of your iOS-devices with a single tap on the “Restore purchases” button within the app
- Your ideas about new words to be included in Lingvo Dictionaries database can be sent directly to ABBYY developers via the “Suggest a word” button.
- iOS developers can use a free Lingvo URL Scheme for teaming Lingvo Dictionaries up with any other program installed on the same mobile device. See detailes here
ABBYY Lingvo Dictionaries can be launched inside these apps:
- TReader is a mobile reading application that supports most of popular offline dictionaries and helps users to translate unfamiliar words while reading. Read more…