The ABBYY Students Program (the “Students Program") is developed and managed by ABBYY USA Software House, Inc. registered at 880 North McCarthy Boulevard, Suite 220, Milpitas, California, 95035, USA and its affiliates (“ABBYY”).
These general Terms and Conditions (hereinafter referred to as "these Terms and Conditions") is a legally binding agreement between you, a natural person, hereinafter referred to as "You" and ABBYY, governing the terms and conditions of participation in the Students Program which allows You as a member to be awarded by 5000 Free Pages for OCR.
Before accepting these Terms and Conditions, carefully read these Terms and Conditions. By executing a registration form on the page https://www.abbyy.com/cloud-ocr-sdk/licensing-and-pricing/for-students/ that references these Terms and Conditions, You acknowledge that You have read and understood these Terms and Conditions and agree to be bound thereby. These Terms and Conditions become effective on the date when You register by submitting the Signup Form and the Registration Form for the first time. If You disagree with the terms hereof, do not enter into the Students Program.
ABBYY reserves the right to unilaterally terminate or modify, in whole or in part, these Terms and Conditions without prior notice. Any modifications to these Terms and Conditions shall take effect immediately, unless stated otherwise in these Terms and Conditions. The text of these Terms and Conditions is available at https://www.abbyy.com/cloud-ocr-sdk/legal/for-students-terms-and-conditions/. All capitalized terms herein shall have the same meaning as set forth in the ABBYY Cloud OCR SDK Developer Agreement, unless otherwise stated.
Entry into the Students Program
- The Students Program is free to join.
- To become a Member of the Students Program You should register in two stages.
- Registration at the ABBYY Cloud OCR SDK. You should become a registered account holder by creating an account and completing an online Signup form on our website https://cloud.ocrsdk.com. Once the account is created, the application should be created. After creation of at least one application it becomes possible to earn Free Pages for OCR by taking part in the Students Program.
- Registration for the Students Program. After creation of the account at the ABBYY Cloud OCR SDK service, You should fill the registration form (the "Registration Form") on the page https://www.abbyy.com/cloud-ocr-sdk/licensing-and-pricing/for-students/. Once the Registration Form is submitted, You become a Students Program Member (“Member”) and can get 5000 Free Pages for OCR (“Free Pages”).
- Upon successful registration at the ABBYY Cloud OCR SDK service and at the Students Program You can check Your available Free Pages balance by logging into the Dashboard on the page https://cloud.ocrsdk.com/Account/Welcome.
- While You register at the Students Program, You will be required to provide your name, country, city and name of your university, a freely available hyperlink to the description of the project and the name of the application (“Application ID”) which should get the Free Pages.
- The description of the project should contain current, accurate, truthful and complete information about Your project and how ABBYY Cloud OCR SDK can help You to improve Your project.
- ABBYY will not be responsible for any untoward incidences resulting from incomplete and insufficient information on Members. ABBYY shall also not be responsible for any loss of data or information or for any loss that may be suffered by any Member in the event of failure of ABBYY’s database system or for any other reason whatsoever.
- You warrant that You have all the necessary rights, sufficient consents to the description of the project, and that it does not breach any applicable laws including local, state, national, and foreign law, treaty, or regulation and/or rights of a third party.
- The description of the project should not contain material or information that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, morally abusive, defamatory; violate copyrights and / or exclusive rights; promote hatred and / or discrimination against people based on race, ethnicity, gender, social grounds; contain pornographic material; violate the rights of third parties or incite to such actions; defame someone's honor, dignity or business reputation; violate the rights of minors and / or harm them in any form, etc.; contain viruses or other malicious data (or program).
- In the event that ABBYY determines or has reason to believe that the information You provide is not current, is inaccurate, incomplete in any way or that You have provided false or misleading registration information, or that the description of the project does not conform to the point 2.3, 2.5, 2.6 of these Terms and Conditions or that You are in breach of any other term of these Terms and Conditions, ABBYY reserves the right either to suspend or terminate Your membership or ban Your access to specific content, services, products, or events from any further use of the Students Program.
Receiving Free Pages
- The Free Pages are obtained only for uncommercial project made by students.
- After successful registration of Your account at the ABBYY Cloud OCR SDK service and at the Students Program ABBYY checks that the description of the project complies with these Terms and Conditions and in this case ABBYY awards to You 5000 Free Pages.
- In any case ABBYY has the right at its sole discretion to check from time to time which projects students have registered.
- Accrued Free Pages have no monetary value and cannot be sold, transferred or otherwise dealt except as permitted in these Terms and Conditions.
- The Free Pages will only become valid when notification of such Free Pages has been received and recorded in the Member's account.
- The Free Pages are available for 90 days from the moment when they were received.
- The use of the Free Pages and the ABBYY Cloud OCR SDK service is governed by the ABBYY Cloud OCR SDK Developer Agreement, which You accept during registration at the ABBYY Cloud OCR SDK.
- ABBYY shall not provide You with an Internet connection or with any hardware and software required to connect to the Internet, and ABBYY shall not be liable for the quality of Your Internet connection or the quality of the hardware and software that You use to access the Internet. ABBYY shall not be liable for any malfunction or other problems in telephone networks or services, computer systems, servers, providers, computer hardware, software, or telecoms equipment, or for any malfunction in the operation of e-mail services and scripts, howsoever caused.
- You acknowledge that Your information will be transmitted over an insecure public computer network and that ABBYY shall not be liable for any loss of information transmitted in this manner.
- ABBYY shall not be liable for any delay, malfunction, missed or late delivery, removal or loss of any of Your data. ABBYY assumes no obligation to maintain the confidentiality of User Data.
- Under no circumstances shall ABBYY be liable for any damages including but not limited to any costs, consequential, indirect, incidental, special, punitive or any other damages suffered by You as a result of use or inability to use the Free Pages, or caused by errors, interruption of service, removal of files, loss of data or information of any kind, change in functionality, defects, delays in data transfer and the like, howsoever caused.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, United States of America. With respect to any dispute which may arise in connection with these Terms and Conditions and/or the Students Program, You consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the federal and/or state courts in the county of Santa Clara in the state of California.
- These Terms and Conditions will not be governed by the conflict of law rules of any jurisdiction or the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods, the application of which is expressly excluded.
- ABBYY shall at its own sole discretion, have the right to refuse the membership of an applicant, without prior notice to the applicant.
- ABBYY may also modify, suspend or terminate the Students Program or replace it with another program at any time without prior notice. ABBYY may notify by e-mail any such change directly to the Members. You hereby agree to receive these e-mails.
- ABBYY may transfer its rights and obligations hereunder (or any part thereof) to a third party at any time without notice or Your consent.
- If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is found void, illegal, unenforceable, or invalid, it will not affect the validity of the remaining provisions, which shall remain valid and enforceable according to its terms.
- The following procedure shall be observed to resolve any dispute arising between You and ABBYY out of the participation in the Students Program. If You have reasons to believe that Your rights and interests have been violated in connection with the participation in the Students Program, You shall send a complaint to ABBYY at firstname.lastname@example.org. ABBYY shall respond to the complaint within twenty (20) working days of receipt of the complaint. The response shall be sent to Your e-mail address as indicated in the complaint. If the parties fail to resolve the dispute in this manner, the dispute shall be resolved as set forth in Section 5 of these Terms and Conditions. ABBYY shall not respond to anonymous complaints.
- You may contact ABBYY by e-mail at email@example.com.