ABBYY®, a leading provider of document recognition, document capture, linguistic technologies and professional services, today announced ABBYY Lingvo x5, the next generation of its comprehensive translation dictionary software. The new solution offers both individual and enterprise users with highly accurate translations of words and phrases in up to 20 languages. It also offers intelligent word look up and instant translations via ABBYY’s award-winning Optical Character Recognition (OCR) technology; access to premium dictionary content through the software or online via Web-enabled mobile devices; and other language services.
ABBYY Lingvo x5 gives users access to 220 extensive dictionaries from leading publishers including Oxford University Press, HarperCollins® Publishers, ABBYY® Press, Russky Yazyk Media® and Russo®, ensuring accurate translation of hundreds of thousands of words and phrases. The solution simplifies working in multilingual environments for users by providing detailed information on each keyword, such as translation alternatives, example sentences, grammatical descriptions, inflected forms, and audio pronunciations recorded by native speakers. Customers can expand upon the knowledge-base leveraged by Lingvo x5 by purchasing additional dictionaries from the ABBYY online store, including a variety of specialized dictionaries covering topics like economics, medicine, law, electronics, banking, and sports.
“We have worked with ABBYY for more than five years, successfully combining the academic way of collecting quality language content and innovating linguistic technologies,” said David Bowers, vice president of global business development at Oxford University Press. “The new Lingvo solution, built on SaaS technologies, represents another evolutionary step forward in this pursuit.”
Unique features of ABBYY Lingvo x5 include:
• Direct Access to Millions of Word-Use Examples –Access to Translation Memory at ABBYY Lingvo Pro, an online portal offering various language services, and containing more than 1 million examples of common word usage and phrases in English, German, French and Russian.
• Custom Dictionaries – Users can create their own glossaries and subject dictionaries, making it easier to maintain terminology integrity when translating corporate documents, or simplifying memorization of words and common expressions.
• Online Access – Purchased dictionaries are accessible online with any Web-enabled device through an individual user account. Once the Lingvo x5 software is activated, the personal online account is automatically generated and accessible for a year without any extra charge.
• Instant Translation Within Any Application – Lingvo x5 has been integrated with ABBYY’s award-winning OCR technology, allowing users to instantly capture and process words from within applications, documents, videos, or images. With the click of a mouse users can easily look up a words definition or translation options.
“The world is becoming increasingly global, making it critical that individual users and businesses alike can speak many languages,” said Dean Tang, CEO at ABBYY USA. “Lingvo x5 makes navigating the world’s languages simple, providing many useful tools to help users communicate effectively and understand their environment. By spanning both individual workstation and server-environments, we provide our customers with useful linguistic services wherever they need them.”
ABBYY Lingvo x5 is currently available through ABBYY USA’s network of distributor, reseller and retail channels, as well as through ABBYY USA’s online store at www.ABBYY.com. ABBYY Lingvo x5 is available in three editions with different language combinations:
• ABBYY Lingvo x5 Professional Edition English-Russian-English
• ABBYY Lingvo x5 Professional Edition 9 Languages — provides translation of words and phrases from Russian to English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Finnish, Greek and back.
• ABBYY Lingvo x5 Professional Edition 20 Languages — supports translation from Russian to English, German, French, Chinese, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Finnish, Greek, Hungarian, Danish, Dutch, Latin, Norwegian, Turkish, Polish, Ukrainian, Kazakh, Tatar and back.
In addition to a standalone license, ABBYY Lingvo x5 is available for volume license purchase for corporate customers. Volume licenses are based on the number of users working with the product simultaneously, or the total number of computers with the software installed.