With ABBYY FineReader Engine 11 for Linux, developers enjoy every tool and service necessary to integrate accurate and comprehensive OCR functionality into Linux applications. FineReader Engine provides the technology, reliability and technical support necessary to create world-class applications – while also ensuring issue-free implementation, smooth upgrades and high levels of customer satisfaction.
ABBYY's world-leading OCR Engine technology is leveraged in solutions spanning multiple industries to provide:
- Document capture, conversion, sorting, processing and archiving solutions (ECM, RMS)
- Content enablement for Enterprise Search and unstructured text analysis of Big Data
- Patient records digitization for EMR solutions
- Conversion of paper and image-only files into searchable documents for eDiscovery
- Document classification and capture for mortgage and loan processing systems
- Invoice capture for accounts payable solutions
- Mobile capture solutions for ID cards and receipts
- Control of image-only data by DLP (Data Leak Prevention) solutions
- Screenshot reading for test automation tools
- Digital mailroom applications
- Text reading solutions for visually impaired people.
ABBYY FineReader Engine Feature overview
Delivering outstanding OCR quality and usability, FineReader Engine’s benefits include:
- Full control over document processing settings and recognition results via an extended API
- Integrated scalability through built-in multi-core CPU support
- Fast and easy integration using pre-tuned recognition profiles and code samples
- Detailed documentation and high quality technical support
- Peace of mind, demonstrated by partnerships with industry leaders who have relied on ABBYY technology for decades.