ABBYY FineReader Engine 6.0 recognizes 180 OCR languages, including:
- 34 main languages with Latin, Cyrillic, Greek or Armenian characters, for which FineReader Engine provides dictionary support: Armenian (Eastern, Western, Grabar), Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch (Netherlands and Belgium), English, Estonian, Finnish, French, German (new and old spelling), Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Norwegian (Nynorsk and Bokmal), Polish, Portuguese (Portugal and Brazil), Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Tatar, Turkish and Ukrainian.
- 132 additional languages with Latin, Cyrillic or Greek characters: Abkhaz, Adyghian, Afrikaans, Agul, Albanian, Altaic, Avar, Aymara, Azerbaijani (Cyrillic), Azerbaijani (Latin), Bashkir, Basque, Belarusian, Bemba, Blackfoot, Breton, Bugotu, Buryat, Chamorro, Chechen, Chukchee, Chuvash, Corsican, Crimean Tatar, Crow, Dargwa, Dungan, Eskimo (Cyrillic), Eskimo (Latin), Even, Evenki, Faeroese, Fijian, Frisian, Friulian, Gagauz, Galician, Ganda, German (Luxemburg), Guarani, Hani, Hausa, Hawaiian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Ingush, Irish, Kabardian, Kalmyk, Karachay-balkar, Karakalpak, Kasub, Kawa, Kazakh, Khakass, Khanty, Kikuyu, Kirghiz, Kongo, Koryak, Kpelle, Kumyk, Kurdish, Lak, Latin, Lezgin, Luba, Macedonian, Malagasy, Malay, Malinke, Maltese, Mansi, Maori, Mari, Maya, Miao, Minangkabau, Mohawk, Moldavian, Mongol, Mordvin, Nahuatl, Nenets, Nivkh, Nogay, Nyanja, Ojibway, Ossetian, Papiamento, Provencal, Quechua, Rhaeto-Romanic, Romany, Rundi, Russian (old spelling), Rwanda, Sami (Lappish), Samoan, Scottish Gaelic, Selkup, Serbian (Cyrillic), Serbian (Latin), Shona, Sioux, Slovenian, Somali, Sorbian, Sotho, Sunda, Swahili, Swazi, Tabasaran, Tagalog, Tahitian, Tajik, Tinpo, Tok Pisin, Tongan, Tswana, Tun, Turkmen, Tuvinian, Udmurt, Uzbek (Cyrillic), Uzbek (Latin), Welsh, Wolof, Xhosa, Yakut, Zapotec, Zulu.
- 2 groups of languages: English and Russian, Norvegian Nynorsk and Norvegian Bokmal.
- 4 artificial languages: Esperanto, Interlingua, Ido and Occidental.
- 6 programming languages: Basic, C/C++, COBOL, Fortran, JAVA and Pascal.
- Simple chemical formulas.
- Tools for creating user-defined languages.
ABBYY FineReader Engine 6.0 provides ICR for 12 languages with morphology/dictionary support and supports 6 styles of hand-writing of different countries and areas: European, American, Canadian, Russian, Japanese and Thai.
Dialogue captions, text, error and other program messages are available in English, Russian, German, French, Ukrainian, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, Portuguese, Slovak, Polish, Czech, Hungarian, Lithuanian, Latvian, Estonian and Bulgarian.