ABBYY FineReader Engine 7.5 recognizes 195 OCR languages, including:
- 34 main languages with Latin, Cyrillic, Greek or Armenian characters, for which FineReader Engine provides dictionary support: Armenian (Eastern, Western, Grabar), Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch (Netherlands and Belgium), English, Estonian, Finnish, French, German (new and old spelling), Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Norwegian (Nynorsk and Bokmal), Polish, Portuguese (Portugal and Brazil), Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Tatar, Turkish and Ukrainian.
- 4 East Asian languages: Chinese (Traditional, Simplified), Japanese and Korean.
- 5 FineReader XIX languages for recognition of old European document printed in the 17-19 th centuries: English, French, German, Italian and Spanish.
- 128 additional languages with Latin, Cyrillic or Greek characters: Abkhaz, Adyghian, Afrikaans, Agul, Albanian, Altaic, Avar, Aymara, Azerbaijani (Cyrillic), Azerbaijani (Latin), Bashkir, Basque, Belarusian, Bemba, Blackfoot, Breton, Bugotu, Buryat, Chamorro, Chechen, Chukchee, Chuvash, Corsican, Crimean Tatar, Crow, Dargwa, Dungan, Eskimo (Cyrillic), Eskimo (Latin), Even, Evenki, Faeroese, Fijian, Frisian, Friulian, Gagauz, Galician, Ganda, German (Luxemburg), Guarani, Hani, Hausa, Hawaiian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Ingush, Irish, Kabardian, Kalmyk, Karachay-balkar, Karakalpak, Kasub, Kawa, Kazakh, Khakass, Khanty, Kikuyu, Kirghiz, Kongo, Koryak, Kpelle, Kumyk, Kurdish, Lak, Latin, Lezgin, Luba, Macedonian, Malagasy, Malay, Malinke, Maltese, Mansi, Maori, Mari, Maya, Miao, Minangkabau, Mohawk, Mongol, Mordvin, Nahuatl, Nenets, Nivkh, Nogay, Nyanja, Ojibway, Ossetian, Papiamento, Provencal, Quechua, Rhaeto-Romanic, Romany, Rundi, Russian (old spelling), Rwanda, Sami (Lappish), Samoan, Scottish Gaelic, Selkup, Serbian (Cyrillic), Serbian (Latin), Shona, Somali, Sorbian, Sotho, Sunda, Swahili, Swazi, Tabasaran, Tagalog, Tahitian, Tajik, Tok Pisin, Tongan, Tswana, Tun, Turkmen, Tuvinian, Udmurt, Uzbek (Cyrillic), Uzbek (Latin), Welsh, Wolof, Xhosa, Yakut, Zapotec, Zulu.
- 12 languages with medical and legal terminology for English and German.
- 4 artificial languages: Esperanto, Interlingua, Ido and Occidental.
- 6 programming languages: Basic, C/C++, COBOL, Fortran, JAVA and Pascal.
- Simple chemical formulas.
- Tools for creating user-defined languages.
ABBYY FineReader Engine provides ICR for 34 languages with morphology/dictionary support and supports 22 styles of hand-writing of different countries and areas: European, American, Canadian, Russian, Japanese, Arabic and Thai.
Dialogue captions, text, error and other program messages are available in English, Russian, German, French, Ukrainian, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, Swedish, Portuguese, Slovak, Polish, Czech, Hungarian, Lithuanian, Estonian, Bulgarian and Turkish.