ABBYY FineReader Engine 11 recognizes 202 OCR languages, including:
- 47 main languages with Latin, Cyrillic, Greek or Armenian characters, for which the FineReader Engine provides dictionary support: Armenian (Eastern, Western, Grabar), Bashkir, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch (Netherlands and Belgium), English, Estonian, Finnish, French, German (new and old spelling), Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Indonesian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Norwegian (Nynorsk and Bokmal), Polish, Portuguese (Portugal and Brazil), Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Tatar, Turkish, and Ukrainian.
- Japanese, Korean and Hangul with dictionary support, Chinese (PRC and Taiwan).
- Thai with dictionary support.
- Hebrew with dictionary support, Yiddish.
- Arabic with dictionary support, Farsi.
- Latin, Azerbaijani (Latin), Russian (old spelling) with dictionary support.
- 5 FineReader XIX languages with dictionary support, for recognition of old European documents printed in the 17th-19th centuries: English, French, German, Italian and Spanish.
- 136 additional languages with Latin, Cyrillic, or Greek characters: Abkhaz, Adyghian, Afrikaans, Agul, Albanian, Altaic, Avar, Aymara, Azerbaijani (Cyrillic), Azerbaijani (Latin), Basque, Belarusian, Bemba, Blackfoot, Breton, Bugotu, Buryat, Cebuano, Chamorro, Chechen, Chukchee, Chuvash, Congo, Corsican, Crimean Tatar, Crow, Dakota, Dargwa, Dungan, Eskimo (Cyrillic), Eskimo (Latin), Even, Evenki, Faeroese, Fijian, Frisian, Friulian, Gagauz, Galician, Ganda, German (Luxemburg), Guarani, Hani, Hausa, Hawaiian, Icelandic, Ingush, Irish, Jingpo, Kabardian, Kalmyk, Karachay-balkar, Karakalpak, Kasub, Kawa, Kazakh, Khakass, Khanty, Kikuyu, Kirghiz, Koryak, Kpelle, Kumyk, Kurdish, Lak, Latin, Latvian Gothic, Lezgi, Luba, Macedonian, Malagasy, Malay, Malinke, Maltese, Mansy, Maori, Mari, Maya, Miao, Minangkabau, Mohawk, Moldavian, Mongol, Mordvin, Nahuatl, Nenets, Nivkh, Nogay, Nyanja, Ojibway, Old Slavonic, Ossetian, Papiamento, Provencal, Quechua, Rhaeto-Romanic, Romany, Rundi, Russian (old spelling), Rwanda, Sami (Lappish), Samoan, Scottish Gaelic, Selkup, Serbian (Cyrillic), Serbian (Latin), Shona, Somali, Sorbian, Sotho, Sunda, Swahili, Swazi, Tabasaran, Tagalog, Tahitian, Tajik, Turkmen (Latin), Tok Pisin, Tongan, Tswana, Tun, Turkmen, Tuvinian, Udmurt, Uigur (Cyrillic), Uigur (Latin), Uzbek (Cyrillic), Uzbek (Latin), Vietnamese, Welsh, Wolof, Xhosa, Yakut, Zapotec, Zulu.
- 4 artificial languages: Esperanto, Interlingua, Ido, and Occidental.
- 6 programming languages: Basic, C/C++, COBOL, Fortran, JAVA, and Pascal.
- Simple chemical formulas.
- Tools for creating user-defined languages.
Some languages are available as an add-on to the basic set of languages included into a standard license.
ABBYY FineReader Engine 11 provides ICR technology — hand-printed character recognition for more than 110 languages, including:
- About 30 languages with morphology/dictionary support (languages with Latin, Cyrillic, and Greek alphabets).
- 85 languages with Latin characters without dictionary support.
- Arabic ICR digits.
Dialogue captions, text, error, and other program messages are available in English, Russian, Bulgarian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Korean, Polish, Japanese, Portuguese (Brazil), Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, Ukrainian, and Chinese (PRC and Taiwan).