ABBYY FineReader Engine 9.0 for Linux recognizes 190 OCR languages including:
- 37 main languages with Latin, Cyrillic, Greek or Armenian characters, for which FineReader Engine provides dictionary support: Armenian (Eastern, Western, Grabar), Bashkir, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch (Netherlands and Belgium), English, Estonian, Finnish, French, German (new and old spelling), Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Indonesian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Norwegian (Nynorsk and Bokmal), Polish, Portuguese (Portugal and Brazil), Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Tatar, Turkish and Ukrainian.
- 4 East Asian languages with dictionary support: Chinese (Traditional, Simplified), Japanese, and Korean.
- Thai language.
- Hebrew and Yiddish languages with dictionary support.
- 5 FineReader XIX languages with dictionary support, for recognition of old European document printed in 17-19 th centuries: English, French, German, Italian and Spanish.
- 133 additional languages with Latin, Cyrillic or Greek characters: Abkhaz, Adyghian, Afrikaans, Agul, Albanian, Altaic, Avar, Aymara, Azerbaijani (Cyrillic), Azerbaijani (Latin), Basque, Belarusian, Bemba, Blackfoot, Breton, Bugotu, Buryat, Cebuano, Chamorro, Chechen, Chukchee, Chuvash, Congo, Corsican, Crimean Tatar, Crow, Dakota, Dargwa, Dungan, Eskimo (Cyrillic), Eskimo (Latin), Even, Evenki, Faeroese, Fijian, Frisian, Friulian, Gagauz, Galician, Ganda, German (Luxemburg), Guarani, Hani, Hausa, Hawaiian, Icelandic, Ingush, Irish, Jingpo, Kabardian, Kalmyk, Karachay-balkar, Karakalpak, Kasub, Kawa, Kazakh, Khakass, Khanty, Kikuyu, Kirghiz, Koryak, Kpelle, Kumyk, Kurdish, Lak, Latin, Lezgi, Luba, Macedonian, Malagasy, Malay, Malinke, Maltese, Mansy, Maori, Mari, Maya, Miao, Minangkabau, Mohawk, Moldavian, Mongol, Mordvin, Nahuatl, Nenets, Nivkh, Nogay, Nyanja, Ojibway, Ossetian, Papiamento, Provencal, Quechua, Rhaeto-Romanic, Romany, Rundi, Russian (old spelling), Rwanda, Sami (Lappish), Samoan, Scottish Gaelic, Selkup, Serbian (Cyrillic), Serbian (Latin), Shona, Somali, Sorbian, Sotho, Sunda, Swahili, Swazi, Tabasaran, Tagalog, Tahitian, Tajik, Tok Pisin, Tongan, Tswana, Tun, Turkmen, Tuvinian, Udmurt, Uigur (Cyrillic), Uigur (Latin), Uzbek (Cyrillic), Uzbek (Latin), Welsh, Wolof, Xhosa, Yakut, Zapotec, Zulu.
- 4 artificial languages: Esperanto, Interlingua, Ido and Occidental.
- 6 programming languages: Basic, C/C++, COBOL, Fortran, JAVA and Pascal.
- Simple chemical formulas.
- Tools for creating user-defined languages.
Error and other program messages are available in English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, Portuguese, Russian, Swedish, Ukrainian, Slovak, Polish, Czech, Hungarian, Lithuanian, Latvian, Estonian, Bulgarian and Turkish.