ABBYY FlexiCapture Engine 11 recognizes 197 OCR languages, including:
- 52 languages with full built-in dictionary support:
- Languages with Latin, Cyrillic, Greek or Armenian characters: Armenian (Eastern, Western, Grabar), Azerbaijani (Latin), Bashkir, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch (Netherlands), English, Estonian, Finnish, French, German (new and old spelling), Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Latin, Latvian, Lithuanian, Norwegian (Nynorsk and Bokmal), Polish, Portuguese (Portugal and Brazil), Romanian, Russian (new and old spelling, with accents marking stress position), Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Tatar, Turkish and Ukrainian.
- Japanese, Korean, Korean Hangul, Arabic, Thai, Vietnamese, Hebrew.
- FineReader XIX languages for recognition of old European documents printed in the 17th–19th centuries: English, French, German, Italian, and Spanish.
- 145 languages without dictionary support:
- Languages with Latin, Cyrillic, or Greek characters: Abkhaz, Adyghe, Afrikaans, Agul, Albanian, Altaic, Avar, Aymara, Azerbaijani (Cyrillic), , Basque, Belarusian, Bemba, Blackfoot, Breton, Bugotu, Buryat, Cebuano (Visayan), Chamorro, Chechen, Chukchee, Chuvash, Corsican, Crimean Tatar, Crow, Sioux (Dakota), Dargwa, Dungan, Dutch (Belgian), Eskimo (Cyrillic), Eskimo (Latin), Even, Evenki, Faeroese, Fijian, Frisian, Friulian, Gagauz, Galician, Ganda, German (Luxemburg), Guarani, Hani, Hausa, Hawaiian, Icelandic, Ingush, Irish, Jingpo (Tinpo), Kabardian, Kalmyk, Karachay-balkar, Karakalpak, Kasub, Kawa, Kazakh, Khakas, Khanty, Kikuyu, Kirghiz, Kongo, Koryak, Kpelle, Kumyk, Kurdish, Lak, Lezgin, Luba, Macedonian, Malagasy, Malay, Malinke, Maltese, Mansi, Maori, Mari, Maya, Miao, Minangkabau, Mohawk, , Mongol, Mordvin, Nahuatl, Nenets, Nivkh, Nogay, Nyanja, Ojibway, Ossetian, Papiamento, Provencal, Quechua, Rhaeto-Romanic, Romanian (Moldavia), Romany, Rundi, Rwanda, Sami (Lappish), Samoan, Scottish Gaelic, Selkup, Serbian (Cyrillic), Serbian (Latin), Shona, Somali, Sorbian, Sotho, Sunda, Swahili, Swazi, Tabasaran, Tagalog, Tahitian, Tajik, Tok Pisin (Pidgin English), Tongan, Tswana, Tun, Turkmen, Turkmen (Latin), Tuvan, Udmurt, Uigur (Cyrillic), Uigur (Latin), Uzbek (Cyrillic), Uzbek (Latin), Welsh, Wolof, Xhosa, Yakut, Zapotec, Zulu.
- Chinese Traditional, Chinese Simplified
- Artificial languages: Esperanto, Interlingua, Ido and Occidental.
- Programming languages: Basic, C/C++, COBOL, Fortran, JAVA and Pascal.
- Simple chemical formulas.
- Tools for creating user-defined languages.
ABBYY FlexiCapture Engine 11 provides ICR technology — hand-printed character recognition for more than 110 languages, including:
- About 30 languages with morphology/dictionary support (languages with Latin, Cyrillic, and Greek alphabets).
- 85 languages with Latin characters without dictionary support.
- Arabic ICR digits.