- TWAIN-compatible scanner, MFP, digital camera or fax modem / ICA-compatible scanner or MFP (see the list)
Nonetheless, ABBYY cannot and does not guarantee any scanner to be fully compatible with ABBYY software products. Due to this fact, ABBYY assumes no liability whatsoever for any commercial damage that might arise out of the use of the information stated above.
If you cannot make your scanning device work with an ABBYY software product, please visit our Knowledge Base or contact our technical support service.
- Please note: for OS X El Capitan 10.11 TWAIN support was disabled.
- Please note: ABBYY FineReader Express Edition for Mac does not support scanners, cameras and fax modems that use emulated drivers
- Recommended Requirements for Digital Cameras:
- 5-megapixel sensor
- Flash disable feature
- Manual aperture control or aperture priority mode
- Manual focusing
- An anti-shake system or the use of a tripod is recommended
- Optical zoom
- Yes, ABBYY FineReader Express Edition for Mac can recognize TIFF and JPEG files created by digital cameras.