ABBYY FineReader Engine 10.5 recognizes 196 OCR languages, including:
- 37 main languages with Latin, Cyrillic, Greek or Armenian characters, for which FineReader Engine provides dictionary support: Armenian (Eastern, Western, Grabar), Bashkir, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch (Netherlands and Belgium), English, Estonian, Finnish, French, German (new and old spelling), Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Indonesian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Norwegian (Nynorsk and Bokmal), Polish, Portuguese (Portugal and Brazil), Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Tatar, Turkish and Ukrainian.
- 4 East Asian languages with dictionary support: Chinese (Traditional, Simplified), Japanese, and Korean.
- Thai language with dictionary support.
- Hebrew and Yiddish languages with dictionary support.
- Arabic language with dictionary support.
- 5 FineReader XIX languages with dictionary support, for recognition of old European document printed in 17-19 th centuries: English, French, German, Italian and Spanish.
- 133 additional languages with Latin, Cyrillic or Greek characters: Abkhaz, Adyghian, Afrikaans, Agul, Albanian, Altaic, Avar, Aymara, Azerbaijani (Cyrillic), Azerbaijani (Latin), Basque, Belarusian, Bemba, Blackfoot, Breton, Bugotu, Buryat, Cebuano, Chamorro, Chechen, Chukchee, Chuvash, Congo, Corsican, Crimean Tatar, Crow, Dakota, Dargwa, Dungan, Eskimo (Cyrillic), Eskimo (Latin), Even, Evenki, Faeroese, Fijian, Frisian, Friulian, Gagauz, Galician, Ganda, German (Luxemburg), Guarani, Hani, Hausa, Hawaiian, Icelandic, Ingush, Irish, Jingpo, Kabardian, Kalmyk, Karachay-balkar, Karakalpak, Kasub, Kawa, Kazakh, Khakass, Khanty, Kikuyu, Kirghiz, Koryak, Kpelle, Kumyk, Kurdish, Lak, Latin, Lezgi, Luba, Macedonian, Malagasy, Malay, Malinke, Maltese, Mansy, Maori, Mari, Maya, Miao, Minangkabau, Mohawk, Moldavian, Mongol, Mordvin, Nahuatl, Nenets, Nivkh, Nogay, Nyanja, Ojibway, Ossetian, Papiamento, Provencal, Quechua, Rhaeto-Romanic, Romany, Rundi, Russian (old spelling), Rwanda, Sami (Lappish), Samoan, Scottish Gaelic, Selkup, Serbian (Cyrillic), Serbian (Latin), Shona, Somali, Sorbian, Sotho, Sunda, Swahili, Swazi, Tabasaran, Tagalog, Tahitian, Tajik, Tok Pisin, Tongan, Tswana, Tun, Turkmen, Tuvinian, Udmurt, Uigur (Cyrillic), Uigur (Latin), Uzbek (Cyrillic), Uzbek (Latin), Welsh, Wolof, Xhosa, Yakut, Zapotec, Zulu.
- 4 artificial languages: Esperanto, Interlingua, Ido and Occidental.
- 6 programming languages: Basic, C/C++, COBOL, Fortran, JAVA and Pascal.
- Simple chemical formulas.
- Tools for creating user-defined languages.
ABBYY FineReader Engine 10.5 provides ICR for 113 languages, including:
- 29 languages with morphology/dictionary support (languages with Latin characters, 3 Cyrillic languages and Greek).
- 84 languages without dictionary support.
- Supports 28 styles of hand-writing of different countries and areas: European, American, Canadian, Russian, Japanese, Arabic and Thai.
- Arabic ICR digits.
Dialogue captions, text, error and other program messages are available in English, Russian, German, French, Ukrainian, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, Danish, Swedish, Slovak, Polish, Czech, Hungarian, Lithuanian, Estonian, Greek, Bulgarian, Turkish, Japanese, Portuguese (Brazil), Korean and Chinese (Traditional and Simplified).