ABBYY FineReader Engine 11 for Linux Requirements
ABBYY FineReader Engine 11 for Linux is designed for glibc version 2.11 and above. If you need ABBYY FineReader Engine for older glibc versions, please contact the ABBYY office serving your region.
For the FineReader Engine dynamic library, the standard libstdc++.so.6 and libgcc_s.so.1 libraries have to be used.
ABBYY FineReader Engine 11 for Linux has been tested on the following operating systems:
- Fedora 25, 24, 23
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.2, 6.8
- openSUSE 42.1
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 SP1, 11 SP1
- Debian GNU/Linux 8.7, 8.0
- Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS, 15.10, 14.04.5 LTS, 12.04.5 LTS
- CentOS 7.1
ABBYY FineReader Engine has been tested on the following cloud computing platforms:
ABBYY FineReader Engine has been tested in the following virtual environments:
- Microsoft Hyper-V (only with software protection key)
- Oracle VM VirtualBox 3, 4 (Windows hosts only)
- VMware Server 2 (Windows hosts only)
- VMware ESXi 5
- Linux KVM/QEMU 2.0.0
In addition, ABBYY offers professional services to adapt the software to other platforms.
PC with an Intel® Pentium® or compatible processor (1 GHz or higher) which supports SSE and SSE2 instruction sets.
- for processing one-page documents — at least 400 MB RAM, 1 GB RAM recommended
- for processing multi-page documents — at least 1.5 GB RAM, 4 GB RAM recommended
- for parallel processing — 700 MB * (cores number) + 900 MB RAM
- for parallel processing of documents in Arabic or CJK languages — 1.5 GB * (cores number) + 1.5 GB RAM
- for parallel export — at least 4GB RAM
Tmpfs — 4GB + 1GB * (cores number)
Swap size — 4GB + 1GB * (cores number)
Hard disk space: 800 MB for library installation and 100 MB for program operation, plus an additional 15MB for every processing page of a multi-page document.