Supported Operating Systems
- Windows (x86),
- Windows CE (version 3.0 and higher) for ARM processors,
- Symbian 8.1, 9.1, 9.2, 9.3,
ABBYY Mobile OCR Engine is compatible with any hardware and operating system. In addition to the base software functionality, ABBYY offers professional services to port the software to other platforms and customization for special tasks.
Note: The ABBYY Mobile OCR Engine library is supplied as a DLL (dynamic link library) for Windows, Windows CE, Symbian (8.1a and earlier), and as static library for Symbian (8.1b and later), Linux and Android.
ABBYY Mobile OCR Engine is a compact code OCR solution and requires minimal resources:
- ROM: 2.5 – 3Mb for program installation plus 0.5-1 Mb per recognition language.
- RAM: 2.5 – 3Mb for program storage plus 0.5-1 Mb for each recognition language used; 1.5 – 5Mb for program operation; 1 – 3Mb for storing the input picture/image file.
Exact memory requirements vary depending on the operating system and specific recognition tasks (e.g. multilingual recognition requires more memory).
ABBYY Mobile OCR Engine was tested on the following mobile devices:
- Nokia: N95 8GB, N95, N93i, N82, N73, N90, E71
- Samsung SGH i550