The Mobile OCR Engine SDK is a cross-platform technology and supports the following operating systems:
ABBYY offers professional services to port the software to other platforms and to customize the software for special tasks.
ABBYY Mobile OCR Engine is a compact code OCR solution and requires minimal memory resources.
* Exact memory requirements vary depending on the operating system and specific recognition tasks (e.g., multilingual recognition requires more memory).
The library itself is almost always placed in RAM (some platforms allow direct operation from the storage memory).
Patterns, keywords, and dictionaries are to be placed in ROM though some (rare) platforms may require loading them to RAM. European patterns should always be included, while other patterns — depend on the required languages. Dictionaries are optional components and could be excluded, but in this case recognition quality will be decreased. Keywords are necessary only for business card recognition.
Full-text Recognition Languages
- 23 Main Languages (with dictionary support): Bulgarian, Czech, Danish, Dutch (Belgian), Dutch (Netherlands), English, Estonian, Finnish, French, German (new and old spelling), Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Norwegian (Bokmål and Nynorsk), Polish, Portuguese (Portugal and Brazil), Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, and Ukrainian.
- 36 Additional Languages with Latin, Cyrillic or Greek characters: Afrikaans, Albanian, Basque, Breton, Byelorussian, Catalan, Chechen, Crimean Tatar, Croatian, Fiian, Hawaiian, Hungarian, Icelandic, Irish, Japanese, Kabardian, Latin, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay (Malasian), Maori, Moldavian, Mongol, Ossetian , Provencal, Rhaeto-Romanic, Romanian, Samoan, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Swahili, Tagalog, Tatar, Welsh.
- 4 Asian complex script languages: Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Japanese and Korean.
Business Card Recognition Languages
- 18 languages with Latin, Cyrillic or Greek characters: Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Norwegian (Bokmål and Nynorsk), Portuguese, Portuguese (Brazilian), Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, and Ukrainian.
- 4 Asian complex script languages: Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Japanese, and Korean.
Supported barcode formats include 1d and 2d:
Interleaved 2 of 5
Industrial 2 of 5
IATA 2 of 5
Matrix 2 of 5