ABBYY FlexiCapture Engine 12 Requirements
ABBYY SDK 12 License Server Requirements
- PC with an x86-compatible processor (1 GHz or higher)
- Operating system:
- Windows 10 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Windows Server 2012 R2 (64-bit)
- Windows Server 2012 (64-bit)
- Windows 8.1 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Windows 8 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Windows Server 2008 R2 (64-bit)
- Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- ABBYY FlexiCapture Engine has been tested in the following virtual environments:
- Microsoft Hyper-V (only with a software protection key)
- VMware ESXi 5
- 25 MB of free hard-disk space
- folder %ProgramData%\ABBYY\SDK\12\Licenses — full control access
ABBYY FlexiCapture Engine 12 works with projects created in ABBYY FlexiCapture 12 Release 1, Build 126.96.36.1993, or earlier. Projects saved in the current version of ABBYY FlexiCapture Engine 12 can be used in ABBYY FlexiCapture 12 Release 1, Build 188.8.131.523, or later.
The ABBYY FlexiCapture Engine application programming interface conforms to the COM standard and can be easily used in C/C++, Visual Basic, .NET, Delphi, Java or any development tool supporting COM components. The Engine can be adapted for use in scripting languages like VBS, JS, and Perl.
ABBYY FlexiCapture Engine 12 recognizes 204 OCR languages, including:
- 52 languages with full built-in dictionary support:
- Languages with Latin, Cyrillic, Greek or Armenian characters: Armenian (Eastern, Western, Grabar), Azerbaijani (Latin), Bashkir, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch (Netherlands), English, Estonian, Finnish, French, German (new and old spelling), Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Latin, Latvian, Lithuanian, Norwegian (Nynorsk and Bokmal), Polish, Portuguese (Portugal and Brazil), Romanian, Russian (new and old spelling, with accents marking stress position), Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Tatar, Turkish and Ukrainian.
- Japanese, Korean, Korean Hangul, Arabic, Thai, Vietnamese, Hebrew.
- FineReader XIX languages for recognition of old European documents printed in the 17th–19th centuries: English, French, German, Italian, Latvian Gothic, Old Slavonic and Spanish.
- 148 languages without dictionary support:
- Languages with Latin, Cyrillic, or Greek characters: Abkhaz, Adyghe, Afrikaans, Agul, Albanian, Altaic, Avar, Aymara, Azerbaijani (Cyrillic), , Basque, Belarusian, Bemba, Blackfoot, Breton, Bugotu, Buryat, Cebuano (Visayan), Chamorro, Chechen, Chukchee, Chuvash, Corsican, Crimean Tatar, Crow, Sioux (Dakota), Dargwa, Dungan, Dutch (Belgian), Eskimo (Cyrillic), Eskimo (Latin), Even, Evenki, Faeroese, Fijian, Frisian, Friulian, Gagauz, Galician, Ganda, German (Luxemburg), Guarani, Hani, Hausa, Hawaiian, Icelandic, Ingush, Irish, Jingpo (Tinpo), Kabardian, Kalmyk, Karachay-balkar, Karakalpak, Kasub, Kawa, Kazakh, Khakas, Khanty, Kikuyu, Kirghiz, Kongo, Koryak, Kpelle, Kumyk, Kurdish, Lak, Lezgin, Luba, Macedonian, Malagasy, Malay, Malinke, Maltese, Mansi, Maori, Mari, Maya, Miao, Minangkabau, Mohawk, , Mongol, Mordvin, Nahuatl, Nenets, Nivkh, Nogay, Nyanja, Ojibway, Ossetian, Papiamento, Provencal, Quechua, Rhaeto-Romanic, Romanian (Moldavia), Romany, Rundi, Rwanda, Sami (Lappish), Samoan, Scottish Gaelic, Selkup, Serbian (Cyrillic), Serbian (Latin), Shona, Somali, Sorbian, Sotho, Sunda, Swahili, Swazi, Tabasaran, Tagalog, Tahitian, Tajik, Tok Pisin (Pidgin English), Tongan, Tswana, Tun, Turkmen, Turkmen (Latin), Tuvan, Udmurt, Uigur (Cyrillic), Uigur (Latin), Uzbek (Cyrillic), Uzbek (Latin), Welsh, Wolof, Xhosa, Yakut, Yiddish, Zapotec, Zulu.
- Chinese Traditional, Chinese Simplified
- Artificial languages: Esperanto, Interlingua, Ido and Occidental.
- Special languages: CMC7, E13B, OCR-A, OCR-B.
- Programming languages: Basic, C/C++, COBOL, Fortran, JAVA and Pascal.
- Simple chemical formulas.
- Tools for creating user-defined languages.
ABBYY FlexiCapture Engine 12 provides ICR technology — hand-printed character recognition for 126 languages, including:
- 39 languages with morphology/dictionary support (languages with Latin, Cyrillic, and Greek alphabets).
- 87 languages without dictionary support.
Supported Image Formats:
The ABBYY FlexiCapture Engine 12 opens and saves image files in the following formats:
Files in PDF format (Version 1.7 or earlier), including PDF/Archive (PDF/A)
uncompressed black and white
- PCX, DCX:
2-bit — black and white
4- and 8-bit — gray
- JPEG 2000:
color, RGB or YCC colorspace, 8 bit per channel
color, encoded using 8-bit palette in RGB colorspace
black and white — uncompressed, CCITT4, Packbits, ZIP, LZW
gray — uncompressed, Packbits, JPEG, ZIP, LZW
TrueColor — uncompressed, JPEG, ZIP, LZW
Palette — uncompressed, Packbits, ZIP
black and white, gray, color
black and white
Also ABBYY FlexiCapture Engine 12 opens image files in the following formats:
black and white — LZW-compressed
gray — LZW-compressed
TrueColor — LZW-compressed
black and white, gray, color
Document Saving Formats:
- Microsoft Office Excel Workbook (*.XLS)
- DBase file (*.DBF)
- Comma Separated Values File (*.CSV)
- Simple text (*.TXT)
- XML Document (*.XML)
- 1D: Codabar (with Check CodaBar), Code 128, Code 39 (with Check Code 39), Code 93, EAN 8 and 13, GS1-128, IATA 2 of 5, Industrial 2 of 5, Interleaved 2 of 5 (with Check Interleaved 2 of 5), Matrix 2 of 5, Patch, PostNet, UPC-A, UPC-E.
- 2D: PDF 417, Aztec, Data Matrix, QR Code.