ABBYY FlexiCapture SDK
Power your document applications with fast, accurate data capture.
What is ABBYY FlexiCapture SDK?
ABBYY FlexiCapture SDK enables software developers to quickly create applications that extract meaning from documents. FlexiCapture SDK is ideal for system integrators, developers, and service providers who want to integrate powerful data capture capabilities into their solutions. Through the use of ABBYY’s machine learning and AI, end customers are able to process more transactions, faster, and with fewer errors, improving customer service, reducing costs, and making smarter process decisions.
Why ABBYY FlexiCapture SDK
Tight integration with applications
Streamlined automated document processing
Program in familiar environments
Why FlexiCapture SDK
Industry-leading OCR and the world’s widest language base
High accuracy of data extraction
Learning by feedback
FlexiCapture SDK allows developers to implement training for field extraction and classification technology to improve accuracy of field extraction and classification.
The technology learns based on feedback provided from end users. This feedback may be collected in any third-party component for verification, be implemented by the developer, and contain information on correct field regions (to train the field extraction technology) and on correct image classes (to train the classification technology).
Image enhancement and quality control
Now developers can improve images, including images captured by mobile devices, both manually and automatically. The feature allows developers to work with the complex backgrounds of documents like IDs, insurance policies, etc. For instance, the following image corrections can be applied:
- Automatic correction of resolution
- Overwriting resolution of the image to a specified resolution
- Correction of the image skew angle based on black separators, black squares, or text
- Conversion of the image to black and white
- Rotation, inversion, and mirroring of the image
- Reduction of ISO noise
- Removing of color marks and garbage
- Automatic crop of the image
It is also possible to apply a pre-configured image enhancement profile to images.
Advanced document classification helps sort incoming documents into categories using a pre-configured classifier available via API. The classification technologies are highly flexible and can be used to distinguish:
- Document types like invoices, bank statements, tax forms, claims, etc.
- Document variations within a document type, such as invoices from different vendors
- Document boundaries, such as the first and subsequent pages of documents of each type
The classification technology uses two approaches:
- Image classification takes advantage of convolutional neural networks and distinguishes between documents that are visually different.
- Text classification relies on statistical and semantic text analysis and requires OCR.
Using both of these approaches enables the most reliable classification results. FlexiCapture SDK provides the API to train a classifier from scratch and uses the trained classifier inside the application to speed up document processing.
Natural Language Processing
The newest release of FlexiCapture SDK with Natural Language Processing (NLP) extends its capture capabilities to now include unstructured documents such as contracts, leases, articles, and agreements. With NLP technology, you can automate more business processes that require manual data entry and quickly make important document data available in your business applications to save time, money, and labor. The quality of data extraction continuously improves through additional training of NLP models by the user feedback, reducing the cost and time spent on verification.
Request a demo today!
Schedule a demo and see how ABBYY’s intelligent automation can change the way you work - forever