After the document was analyzed and text areas recognized, the results will be exported according to the predefined options.
The ABBYY FineReader Engine OCR API offers a wide range of options for exporting recognition results, for example in form of plain text, XML, different types of PDF and PDF/A formats, many image-only formats as well as editable Microsoft® Office documents and others. If required, it provides a completely reconstructed document – including all formatting and re-created original document structure.
During the export step, it is possible to:
- Specify various levels of layout reconstruction and text format retention - from simple text without formatting to complete retention of page layout - including columns, tables, frames, fonts, font size, paragraph styles, borders, etc.
- Access detailed information about each recognized character
- Leverage functions for editing and formatting of recognized text prior to the actual export
- Export the recognized text to a variety of saving formats
- Fully retain layout of documents – including the logical structure and document formatting elements such as table of content, headers, footers, footnotes and other elements
- Replace uncertainly recognized characters with corresponding character images when saving to PDF
- Fully retain color of pictures and text
The full list of export formats can be found here