Russian’s largest travel search engine, Aviasales (known worldwide as JetRadar), has recently released a new version of its mobile application enriched with the ability to capture and submit all necessary passenger’s data in a few clicks. The application offers you to make a picture of Machine-Readable Zone (MRZ) of your passport and uses ABBYY Cloud OCR Engine to extract data on-the-fly.
- Step 1. A passenger info page. Tap the “New passenger” button
- Step 2. Add information manually or by taking a photo. Tap the camera icon
- Step 3. Read the instructions. A laconic advise - where to focus
- Step 4. Take a photo
- Step 5. Wait for a few seconds (the passport is being processed by ABBYY Cloud OCR SDK)
- Step 6. All passenger data has been filled in automatically!
Now, all you need to do is to verify the captured data before saving it for all your future purchases. With its 2 million customers’ base, the application seems to be a good load test for ABBYY’s Cloud OCR service scalability! Besides, Aviasales continues to grow by more than 100% a year.