ABBYY Ships the First Scan Conversion Utility
ScanTo Office offers one-step conversion from papers to Microsoft ® Office documents.
ABBYY, a leader in document recognition and linguistic technologies, today announces the availability of ABBYY ScanTo Office™, an efficient, moderately-priced scan conversion utility that turns paper documents into editable Microsoft Word and Excel files, or into e-mail attachments.
ScanTo Office is for people who want to quickly unlock and repurpose information from paper documents or images into Microsoft applications for editing, saving to external applications or sending as e-mail attachments. The resulting documents will deliver the look and feel of its originals, requiring minimal retyping or reformatting.
“The indisputable benefits of ABBYY ScanTo Office are efficiency and quality results at an affordable price,” said Margarita Amalitskaya, ABBYY Marketing Director. “Our application is extremely easy to install and use. It is designed for people who scan occasionally, don’t necessarily need all the functionality of a premium OCR package, and at the same time want to be able to quickly scan a page or two and get them in the right application, so they can reuse the information right away.”
Key Features and Benefits of ABBYY ScanTo Office
ABBYY ScanTo Office works as a plug-in for MS Word, Excel and Outlook. It also has a wizard that can be launched as a stand-alone application. In addition, it can be accessed through Windows explorer's context menu by right-clicking on existing images on the hard drive. Users launch the utility quickly and complete the process of scanning or opening images and converting them by simply clicking one button.
Highlights of its key features and benefits are:
- Ease-of-use. A single mouse-click brings up a universal dialog box from which the full cycle of scanning and saving is available.
- Integration with MS Office. Users are able to access the utility and scan directly from MS Word, Excel, Outlook or Windows Explorer - no need to launch a separate scanning and recognition application.
- WYSIWYG. What-you-scan-is-what-you-get with ScanTo Office as it re-creates editable documents with the same look as the originals, retaining graphics, tables, columns and fonts.
- Support for 37 conversion languages. ScanTo Office “reads” 37 languages, including English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, Russian and others.
- Multi-page document processing. ScanTo Office handles multi-page documents and saves all pages to one file.
- Book scanning. Users have the option to scan opposing pages of a book as ScanTo Office automatically splits the pages.
- Output to the most frequently used formats. ABBYY ScanTo Office exports directly to DOC, RTF, XLS.
- PC with Intel Pentium compatible processor with clock speed of 200 MHz or higher;
- Microsoft Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows NT 4.0 (SP6 or later), or Windows Me/98 operating system;
- 64 MB RAM, and 220 MB of hard disk space;
- TWAIN compatible scanner, digital camera or fax modem is optional.
Pricing and Availability
ABBYY ScanTo Office will be available in North America, Central America, and Western European countries. It is immediately available through the ABBYY online store and expected to be available through select resellers and retail outlets starting in October. Product information and free trial version are available at http://www.abbyy.com/.