ABBYY Environmental policies
ABBYY is an intelligent automation company that reimagines the way people work and how companies accelerate business by delivering the intelligence that fuels automation platforms. ABBYY solutions transform enterprise data and empower you with the insights you need to work smarter and faster while minimizing adverse impacts on the environment.
Considering the purpose of the organization, and the condition of the environment in which the company operates, ABBYY is committed to the continual improvement of its processes. We plan to introduce Environmental Management System (EMS), according to compliance obligations, by following the principles and requirements of ISO 14001:2015.
Additionally, ABBYY is committed to aligning its Environmental Management System with Sustainable developmental goals (SDGs), such as Goal 13 Climate Action. Environmental protection is a significant part of ABBYY's Corporate Social Responsibility strategy.
All employees of ABBYY are acting to protect the environment by preventing and eliminating environmental pollution through:
- Continual education to avoid ecological pollution, preserve natural resources and improve the EMS
- Continual raising of environmental awareness internally among employees and externally of actions that can be taken to reduce the impacts
- Educating employees about the steps ABBYY is taking to help protect the environment and providing channels for employees to contribute to our efforts
- Exploration of new materials with smaller environmental footprints
- Following environmental procedures to decrease environmental pollution and prevent degradation and damage to the environment
- Monitoring and continually improving performance to help protect the environment
- Managing the consumption of energy, water, paper, and other resources used by ABBYY in its day-to-day operations
- Incorporating environmental considerations into procurement processes
- Promoting staff adoption of alternative and sustainable commuter transport options
- Striving to reduce business travel and promote alternatives wherever practicable
- Committing to comply with applicable environmental laws and regulations, as well as other standards to which ABBYY subscribes
- Ensuring that environmental issues are adequately assessed and considered when key decisions are taken about supply chains, processes, and new product development.
- Engaging with suppliers, customers, and other stakeholders on environmental issues
- Keeping our internal and external stakeholders informed about 'ABBYY's environment, health, and safety performance.
ABBYY is committed to the successful implementation of this policy. ABBYY develops and monitors short- and long-term environmental objectives to track results. We strive to continuously improve our processes and monitor its impact on the environment.
ABBYY is responsible for communicating the Environmental Policy to all persons working for or on behalf of the organization and making it available to the public.
This policy is the fundamental policy document. It sets the frame for ABBYY's compliance with rules and principles. There are equally binding directives, both global and local. Each employee is responsible for knowing which policies, directives, and related documents apply to them.
The Chief People Office is responsible for communicating the Environmental Policy to all persons working for or on behalf of the organization and making it available to the public.