Recommended steps to prepare for the update of FlexiCapture Cloud SaaS
Please follow the steps below:
- Validation of your projects and applications in a preproduction environment with the new version FlexiCapture prior to the update is recommended. To request a preproduction tenant please contact your account manager.
- To ensure a quick update of your project, please
- remove unused document definitions via Project Setup Station.
- consider compacting your project to remove unused versions of document definitions. As usual, it is the best practice to validate all changes using a dev/test environment before making the changes to your production project.
- set the retention period for processed batches to a lower value (under 5..7 days).
- In case a Document Definition in your production project is locked for editing, all your local changes will be discarded and the document definition will be upgraded automatically. Please check and unlock all document definitions using Project Setup Station (a part of Developer Package) before the upgrade.
- If you use local stations, download the installation images before the actual update.
- Processing of tasks submitted through FlexiCapture Cloud REST API will be suspended for the duration of maintenance window.
- The client using the API should be prepared to retry processing of any failed tasks submitted during the maintenance window or the tasks that didn’t complete processing before the maintenance window.
- If you use FlexiCapture Cloud in several regions, please ensure you have checked the schedule for the maintenance window for each specific region.
What you should know about FlexiCapture Cloud SaaS update procedure
- The FlexiCapture Cloud update is performed during a scheduled maintenance window. To avoid any problems we recommend that you don’t use the system during the maintenance window.
- The FlexiCapture Cloud Operations team will update all components and services of FlexiCapture Cloud, validate the functionality of the environment and automatically update all projects to allow processing with the latest version of FlexiCapture.
- All tenants in FlexiCapture Cloud will be updated together during the maintenance period.
- Users may be unable to log in to the service for a short period of time.
- Users who are already logged in and are working on the verification tasks will experience errors. Therefore, we recommend that you avoid using the service during the maintenance window.
- The service may fail to accept tasks for processing.
- Processing of tasks submitted through FlexiCapture Cloud REST API will be delayed for the duration of the maintenance window. The client applications using FlexiCapture Cloud REST API must be prepared to retry processing of any failed tasks submitted during the maintenance window.
- Batches that are pending processing or submitted for processing during the maintenance period will go to Exceptions until the corresponding projects are updated. Users may restart processing of the batches that went to Exceptions manually, or submit the batches for processing again.
- The update of all projects for all current customers in the environment will be completed within the maintenance window.
- To continue using local stations (Verification Station, Project Setup Station and others), you must install the new version after the Cloud has been updated. Installation images are available for download at www.abbyy.com/flexicapture-downloads/cloud/
Highlights of ICaaS applications update
- ICaaS applications and the underlying FlexiCapture Cloud Projects will be updated during a scheduled maintenance window.
- Processing of tasks submitted through ICaaS API will be delayed for the duration of the maintenance window.
- The client applications using ICaaS must be prepared to retry processing of any failed tasks submitted during the maintenance window.