ABBYY FineReader Engine 11 Requirements
ABBYY SDK 11 License Server Requirements
*Note: in order to be able to use ABBYY FineReader Engine 11 on Windows Azure and Amazon EC2 a special licensing agreement is required.
The ABBYY FineReader Engine application programming interface conforms to the COM standard and can be easily used in C/C++, Visual Basic, .NET, Delphi, Java or any development tool supporting COM components. The Engine can be adapted for use in scripting languages like VBS, JS, and Perl.
ABBYY FineReader Engine 11 recognizes 202 OCR languages, including:
- 47 main languages with Latin, Cyrillic, Greek or Armenian characters, for which the FineReader Engine provides dictionary support: Armenian (Eastern, Western, Grabar), Bashkir, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch (Netherlands and Belgium), English, Estonian, Finnish, French, German (new and old spelling), Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Indonesian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Norwegian (Nynorsk and Bokmal), Polish, Portuguese (Portugal and Brazil), Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Tatar, Turkish, and Ukrainian.
- Japanese, Korean and Hangul with dictionary support, Chinese (PRC and Taiwan).
- Thai with dictionary support.
- Hebrew with dictionary support, Yiddish.
- Arabic with dictionary support, Farsi.
- Latin, Azerbaijani (Latin), Russian (old spelling) with dictionary support.
- 5 FineReader XIX languages with dictionary support, for recognition of old European documents printed in the 17th-19th centuries: English, French, German, Italian and Spanish.
- 136 additional languages with Latin, Cyrillic, or Greek characters: Abkhaz, Adyghian, Afrikaans, Agul, Albanian, Altaic, Avar, Aymara, Azerbaijani (Cyrillic), Azerbaijani (Latin), Basque, Belarusian, Bemba, Blackfoot, Breton, Bugotu, Buryat, Cebuano, Chamorro, Chechen, Chukchee, Chuvash, Congo, Corsican, Crimean Tatar, Crow, Dakota, Dargwa, Dungan, Eskimo (Cyrillic), Eskimo (Latin), Even, Evenki, Faeroese, Fijian, Frisian, Friulian, Gagauz, Galician, Ganda, German (Luxemburg), Guarani, Hani, Hausa, Hawaiian, Icelandic, Ingush, Irish, Jingpo, Kabardian, Kalmyk, Karachay-balkar, Karakalpak, Kasub, Kawa, Kazakh, Khakass, Khanty, Kikuyu, Kirghiz, Koryak, Kpelle, Kumyk, Kurdish, Lak, Latin, Latvian Gothic, Lezgi, Luba, Macedonian, Malagasy, Malay, Malinke, Maltese, Mansy, Maori, Mari, Maya, Miao, Minangkabau, Mohawk, Moldavian, Mongol, Mordvin, Nahuatl, Nenets, Nivkh, Nogay, Nyanja, Ojibway, Old Slavonic, Ossetian, Papiamento, Provencal, Quechua, Rhaeto-Romanic, Romany, Rundi, Russian (old spelling), Rwanda, Sami (Lappish), Samoan, Scottish Gaelic, Selkup, Serbian (Cyrillic), Serbian (Latin), Shona, Somali, Sorbian, Sotho, Sunda, Swahili, Swazi, Tabasaran, Tagalog, Tahitian, Tajik, Turkmen (Latin), Tok Pisin, Tongan, Tswana, Tun, Turkmen, Tuvinian, Udmurt, Uigur (Cyrillic), Uigur (Latin), Uzbek (Cyrillic), Uzbek (Latin), Vietnamese, Welsh, Wolof, Xhosa, Yakut, Zapotec, Zulu.
- 4 artificial languages: Esperanto, Interlingua, Ido, and Occidental.
- 6 programming languages: Basic, C/C++, COBOL, Fortran, JAVA, and Pascal.
- Simple chemical formulas.
- Tools for creating user-defined languages.
Some languages are available as an add-on to the basic set of languages included into a standard license.
ABBYY FineReader Engine 11 provides ICR technology — hand-printed character recognition for more than 110 languages, including:
- About 30 languages with morphology/dictionary support (languages with Latin, Cyrillic, and Greek alphabets).
- 85 languages with Latin characters without dictionary support.
- Arabic ICR digits.
Dialogue captions, text, error, and other program messages are available in English, Russian, Bulgarian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Korean, Polish, Japanese, Portuguese (Brazil), Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, Ukrainian, and Chinese (PRC and Taiwan).
Supported Image Formats:
The ABBYY FineReader Engine 11 opens and saves image files in the following formats:
Files in PDF format (Version 1.7 or earlier), including PDF/Archive (PDF/A)
2-bit — uncompressed black and white
4- and 8-bit — uncompressed Palette
4- and 8-bit — RLE compressed Palette (only opening)
16-bit — uncompressed Mask
24-bit — uncompressed
32-bit — uncompressed Mask
- PCX, DCX:
2-bit — black and white
4- and 8-bit — gray
- JPEG 2000:
gray — Part 1
color — Part 1
black and white — uncompressed, CCITT3, CCITT3FAX (only opening), CCITT4, Packbits, ZIP, LZW
gray — uncompressed, Packbits, JPEG, ZIP, LZW
TrueColor — uncompressed, JPEG, ZIP, LZW
Palette — uncompressed, Packbits, ZIP, LZW
- GIF (only opening):
black and white — LZW-compressed
gray — LZW-compressed
TrueColor — LZW-compressed
black and white, gray, color
- DjVu (only opening):
black and white, gray, color
black and white
- WDP, WIC-compatible (only opening):
black and white, gray, color (WIC or Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 required).
Document Saving Formats
- Rich Text Format (RTF)
- XML-based Microsoft Office 2007 (DOCX, XLSX and PPTX)
- PDF, PDF/A (MRC compression for PDF and PDF/A)
- Comma Separated Values (CSV)
- HTML. FineReader Engine supports various code pages (Windows, DOS, Mac, ISO) and Unicode (UTF-8) encoding
- Plain Text (TXT). FineReader Engine supports various code pages (Windows, DOS, Mac, ISO) and Unicode (UTF-16, UTF-8) encoding
- Microsoft Excel (XLS)
- XML (file format contains recognized text the structure of which is described with the help of XML)
- 1D: Codabar, Code 128, Code 39, Code 93, Code 32, Full ASCII Code 39, EAN 8 and 13, GS1-128, IATA 2 of 5, Industrial 2 of 5, Interleaved 2 of 5, Matrix 2 of 5, Patch, PostNet, UPC-A, UPC-E.
- 2D: PDF 417, Aztec, Data Matrix, QR Code, MaxiCode.